You were born of the seeds of greatness; you were carefully architected with perfection and designed for accomplishment. You were built to fulfill destinies far greater than yourself, far greater than your self-perceived limits, and far greater than most humans ever imagine possible. You were designed to take chances, to live life, to take risks, and to make a difference.
1. Mathematically, You’re Not One in a Million
Has anyone ever told you you’re one in a million? You’re not. Don’t settle for those numbers. If you were only one in a million, there would be 7,200 exact replicas of you on earth today! Thank goodness that’s not the case. You’re one in over 7.2 billion! Now that’s impressive. If you also consider that there has never been and never will be a person exactly like you, that makes you truly one in over 100 billion.
2. Nobody Else is Equipped Like You
Nobody else can dream the way you dream, think the way you think, solve problems the way you solve problems, or relate to others the way you relate to others. You are uniquely qualified and talented to do things nobody else in the world can do. You’re special. You’re wonderful. You’re uniquely qualified to fulfill your purpose in life. You’re amazing. You’re talented. You were put on this earth to fulfill a destiny. You will leave a legacy of greatness for generations to come.
3. The World Says You're Different; Higher Powers Say You're Special
Genesis 1:7 says, "So God created mankind in his own image...” Later, Genesis 1:31 says, "God saw all that he had made, and it was very good…” Yes, YOU were made in God’s image, and he was pleased with his work. He was pleased because He specifically created you to be on His team, to do His work, and to fulfill a purpose that transcends our short time on earth.
Carve out 10 minutes alone. Turn off your cell phone, get away from the barking dogs, and no TV. Just you, your thoughts and a place to take notes. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What are my priorities - what are the most important things to me (God, family, health, work, community, etc.), in what order should I list my priorities? How will I align my time, talent, and treasure with these priorities?
- What are my passions - how do I enjoy spending my time, talent, and treasure, and how does that align with my priorities in life?
- What is my purpose in life - based on the my priorities and passions, why was I put here on earth, and what legacy will I leave for generations to come?
- What self-limiting comparisons are getting in the way of my purpose, passions, and priorities, and if any of them are interfering (for example, if health is a priority but you’re overweight), what action will you take right now to change it?
Welcome to the new you. Enjoy the journey...